I’m an online entrepreneur reaching for the ultimate lifestyle. Money isn’t everything but it makes a huge difference in the quality of life that one wants to achieve.
A strong believer in following a natural and organic diet as possible to maintain health because without health you can’t fully enjoy life.
Am also a proud cat lady who believes pets make us more compassionate as they don’t judge or have high expectations of us (except they want their food on time & a clean litterbox!), are very loyal and only want to be loved and cared for.
Having an optimistic approach is a good thing to have because even if you have failed, you can always pick yourself up and try again. When you think about it, the only person you can really count on is…yourself.
I started on the internet selling collectibles on ebay and did well. Those monies afforded me real estate and other investments, where eventually bought a nice large home. Yes, you can make money on the internet selling just about anything!
Since then I moved on to other areas, specifically buying and selling domains & websites. So instead of flipping houses, I was selling internet real estate. What a whole new world that opened up to!
And I didn’t have a clue about how to start a blog from scratch or that I could even flip sites for profit. I was determined to succeed and learned on my own how to build sites. Sometimes things aren’t as difficult as you think they are, and taking that step to learn new things can lead to profitable ventures.
I don’t limit myself to one source of income from my online activities. The various ways I make money are through affiliate marketing, selling domains, ads on my sites and even selling items on kijiji.
Don’t think that my life has been easy breezy, as it hasn’t. I worked hard for the things I achieved and made mistakes along the way that cost me too. I’ve been up and I’ve been down. I’ve financially achieved a lot and lost a lot, so been at both ends of the spectrum. I don’t believe in giving up. You have to keep working toward achieving your goals no matter how far you have to reach to obtain them.
Through my years of online experience — even though things have changed since I started — one thing is for sure, there is always an opportunity to make money. Before it was easier to rank your sites with google to get traffic to them but with google’s ever-changing algorithms and social media becoming the bigger aspect, made it tougher so you learn to adapt yourself.
And I’m definitely not a social media butterfly hanging around facebook like my friends do, as I see it as a waste of time. I rather use that time to grow my online business than make someone else who is already rich even richer. So I use it strategically. Like pinterest to get traffic to my blog and instagram to grow my cat feature account. Those basically are the two main social media sites that I use and believe can get me to where I want to go.
I hope my blog can show — through my journey to financial freedom — that you can adapt yourself to achieve your financial goals.
If you are here because you are looking to make money as a side or full-time income, I recommend reading these posts to get some ideas:
- Can You Make Money From A Blog?
- Step By Step Guide To Have A WordPress Blog Live In Minutes
- Make Money Taking Surveys From The Best Paying Survey Sites
- How I Make Money Selling On Kijiji
- Making Money Experiment #1 – How To Turn 0 Dollars Into $100 Cash
- Affiliate Programs That Pay You For Life
- How To Start A Cat Blog So Kitty Can Make Money Blogging
- 5 Reasons (Excuses) Why I Didn’t Reach My Million Dollar Goal As Planned
- 10 Traits The Wealthy Have According To The Millionaire Next Door
- How NOT To Make Money Online – Take It From An Expert!
Some resources I recommend for making money and saving money:
- Bluehost Web Hosting makes it so easy to start a blog which includes a domain name, a 1-click wordpress install and an ssl certificate to secure your site, all at a low price. Wish it was that easy when I first started a blog!
- Namecheap for domain registrations and renewals.
- Shareasale is an affiliate network you can promote various affiliate products to earn from.
- Tailwind is a time-saving scheduling tool for pinterest and instagram.
- ConvertKit email marketing software makes it easier to get subscribers to your blog and grow your email list.
- Grammarly is a great blogging tool for correcting grammar and enhancing writing skills.
- Survey Junkie is free to join and pays you cash to take online surveys.
- Shopify is an e-commerce platform you can use to sell products both online and offline. They offer a free 14-day trial to build your online store.
- Ebates (or Ebates Canada) gives you cashback on everyday items you purchase plus a $10 cash bonus for joining.
- Amazon Prime offers a free 30-day trial which gets you free shipping, instant access to streaming movies & tv shows, over 2 million songs to listen to, unlimited books & magazines you can read, unlimited free storage of photos plus more.
*Please note this page may contain affiliate links where I earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you purchase. You can review my disclosure for more info.